We start by having a conversation with you about your business and the online presence you want to build. Together, we work out the goals of the project, including design direction and fuctionality.
When the project’s scope is clearly defined, we can present a flat-rate proposal that specifies the entire site’s functionality and structure. If you have a project that is not easily defined, we can work on an hourly billing model.
You will be able to review the design work, and when you approve, we move to the programming phase. Static HTML templates are written using CSS to style the content, and these are integrated into the Content Management System. If you are a designer looking for someone to turn your designs into a working web site, we can provide just the parts of the job that you need, building the job around designs you provide.
Rory Bernstein & Co. relies on a network of skilled professionals who provide design services, copywriting, business consulting, and programming. Depending on your needs, we may call on some or all of these experts to bring their creativity and knowledge to your project. We can scale up or down depending on your needs. We pride ourselves on being able to mold our team to suit your needs and budget.
Rory Bernstein & Co. can provide a wide range of services including:
• Graphic Design for Web Sites (interactive design)
• Front-end coding (HTML and CSS)
• Content Management System integration (using ExpressionEngine)
• Search Engine Optimization (for details, see below)
You hear the acryonym "SEO" a lot when talking about building a good web site. Rory Bernstein & Co. bakes solid SEO principals into every web site we build. What does this mean? Here's a rundown (warning, some technical mumbo-jumbo follows):
• Semantically correct code.
• The use of "alt" text for images.
• The use of heading tags to mark important titles.
• Google Analytics (a summary of which is available right from your control panel!).
• We'll submit your site to Google, including a dynamic, XML site map.
• Unique page "title" for every page (dynamic). Unique meta description for every page (dynamic).
• If your new site's URLs are different from a previdous site, we can use 301 redirects if there are old pages that are indexed in Google (we point the old URLs to the new pages).
• We will advise you on content, to maximize SEO benefits of language. We believe that having text that hits your top search terms is more effective than gaming your keywords and meta description. We usually use keywords on the home page and let your site's actual content take over from there.